1. "Dalton McGuinty(present Ontario Premier)is an evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet". Attributed to former premier Ernie Eves.
2. Most players that wear visors (or masks) in the NHL are Europeans and French guys: as quoted by sports commentator Don Cherry
3. 'I think so many of us are lost.'
-In February, Hamilton Liberal JOHN BRYDEN became the eighth MP in two months to switch parties; he lost the nomination.
4. 'I don't know what happened. I'm an athlete. I live on the edge.'-Hard-luck hurdler PERDITA FELICIEN after her Olympic-size tumble.
5.'I'm not a mean-spirited person, and I'm sorry for what happened.' Vancouver forward TODD BERTUZZI on the sucker punch that hurt the national game.
6.'Something just snapped in a moment of utter irrationality.' -former M.P. SVEND ROBINSON, admitting he stole a diamond ring.
7.'Europeans, Americans, Canadians, we all stink. We all die. We're all the same.' -Maple Leafs' ALEXANDER MOGILNY, a Russian, takes on Don Cherry.
8.'They sentenced me to death once so anything else is a plus.'-STEVEN TRUSCOTT on Ottawa's decision to re-examine his 1959 conviction for murdering a schoolmate.
9.'I hope somebody reads the reprimand word for word to that remorseless prick because I don't think he would read it.'-Sgt. LORNE FORD on the U.S. pilot who killed four Canadians and wounded eight, including Ford, in the 2002 friendly fire incident in Afghanistan.
10. 'It's as if the biggest tree has fallen down.'
-Writer JUNE CALLWOOD on the death of Pierre Berton.