- If you break even at Texas Hold'Em over a long stretch of time, you're a winner.
- Playing with people you like is more fun than playing with strangers.
- "Knowing your limit and playing within it" is the secret to a stress free poker game.
- The only variable with luck is that it changes. Sometimes quicker than you think.
- "Going On Tilt" can destroy poker skills that took years to acquire.
- A "Bad Beat" like a bad experience is something that you have to put behind you in order to succeed in life or poker.
- In order to improve your poker skills, you have to play for a meaningful amount of real cash. With play money, there's nothing of value to be won or loss.
- Develop other interests that you can improve on, or you might become a poker addict.
- Appreciating good play and refraining from rant is important in life as well as poker.
- Maximize your gains with the best hands and minimize your loses by folding second or third best hands. Sometimes, you have to fold pocket aces because an opponent has a better hand then you.
In whatever game your playing in life, sports or poker, I wish you all the best except when your playing against me.
Posted by qualteam at 8:14 PM EDT
Updated: Sunday, 20 September 2009 9:38 PM EDT