I follow the TSX and the Dow regularly. Here are my insights into the wonderful world of investing and money management.
- Be patient and have a long term view on your investments.
- Don't compulsively waste money on gambling and things you don't really need.
- Save heavily if you can, contribute religiously to retirement accounts and pay extra on your mortgage.
- Learn to compare stocks and sectors against the index using relative trend analysis.
- Invest in "Green Technology", the next big thing.
- Always buy at a time of gloom and doom. Always sale when sheep investors think that the gravy train will never end.
- Pay off credit card debt first and put long-term debt in a lower interest rate "line of credit" account.
- Owning and improving a house should be part of anyone's financial planning. I have many blog entries on that subject.
- Bull markets are usually 36 months long while bear markets only last about 12 months. The present bear market is coming to an end, prepare to buy safe high dividend stocks through mutual funds, ETFs, or a discount broker.
- Learn more about investing through the following free internet websites: The Independent Investor, The Canadian Capitalist, Relative Trend Analysis, Your Money And Your Brain, How To Become A Better Investor, and Free Stock Analysis.
Posted by qualteam at 11:33 PM EDT
Updated: Tuesday, 5 August 2008 2:41 PM EDT