It's either a golden handshake or a golden boot.
Here's is a bit of my vision of life after the Post Office.
• Cancellation of penalties for retiring earlier than age 55 providing the person has over 30 year’s service.
• Income splitting with the spouse on the Canada Post Pension
• Buying out unused sick time at fair value or applying sick leave credits to strike time
• Rehiring a retired person and letting him/her work at his former job on a part-time or casual basis (Could also work anywhere as needed.)
• Providing improved/cheaper benefits from pension surpluses
• Providing buyouts based on seniority in any area where CUPW members are declared surplus