On this page, we will tell the story of the Native-American
spiritual movement in Arizona and how the hotel became what it is today.
- In 500 AD, a mysterious prophet appeared in
what is now Arizona to teach the natives of the Americas the secrets of eternal life.
- Soon after, natives from all over
North American journeyed to the above location to form a united spiritual community called Katimavik.
- In the 19th century,
a secret Mormon document stated that Joseph Smith and his followers traveled west to find the home of their guardian
angel, Mormoni, but they missed the sacred spot by about fifty miles.
- In the early 20th century, the
Hopi Indians built a Native-American church on the land now occupied by Hotel California. On Oct/31/1920, all natives disappeared
without a trace and the church was left vacant for 30 years.
- In 1951, the big Hollywood producer, Orsen Dean, destroyed
the church and built a castle on the spot. He called it "Hotel California" because he used it as a luxury resort for his friends
- In 1969, Orsen disappeared into the nearby desert. His Mercedes was recovered, but no body was ever found.
- In 1978, the hotel was sold to an unidentified country rock group.
THE JOURNEY CONTINUES
Sign Guestbook View