Recently, the Toronto Star challenged its readers to come up with "The Meaning Of Life" in 140 characters or less.
I reviewed the material that I knew from my life, the Star and the internet and came up with this top ten list.
- Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.(Jesus from the Bible)
- To explore strange new worlds
To seek out new life and new civilizations
To boldly go where no man has gone before.(Star Trek/Gene Roddenbury)
- For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name, He marks not that you won or lost, but how you played the game.
- We're here for a good time
Not a long time. So have a good time
The sun can't shine everyday
- Life is a game. A game consists of freedom, barriers and
purposes.(L Ron Hubbard)
- Four F words: faith, family, friends and fun.
- To not take life too seriously – no one gets out alive.
- Life isn't about showing people what they know you can do, it's about proving you can do what they say you can't.
- Without the bitter, the sweet isn't as sweet.
- Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think.
Everyone has a different answer to "The Meaning Of Life Is....?" Feel free to share your own insights on this subject. It can be more than a sentence or two. E-mail me.