I follow the TSX and the Dow regularly. Here are my insights into the wonderful world of investing and money management.
- Be patient and have a long term view on your investments.
- Don't compulsively waste money on gambling and things you don't really need.
- Save heavily if you can, contribute religiously to retirement accounts and pay extra on your mortgage.
- Learn to compare stocks and sectors against the index using relative trend analysis.
- Invest in "Green Technology", the next big thing.
- Always buy at a time of gloom and doom. Always sale when sheep investors think that the gravy train will never end.
- Pay off credit card debt first and put long-term debt in a lower interest rate "line of credit" account.
- Owning and improving a house should be part of anyone's financial planning. I have many blog entries on that subject.